In a news release dated March 29, 2015 about a link between poor nutrition and vision disease the writer fails completely to address how the body heals itself and what we need to do to support that critical process. While I do agree with much of what they say they don’t go far enough in my opinion. I believe that this is the basic problem in the area of health care today. There seems little interest in the overall health of the body and too much concentration on individual diseases. My observation is simple and I speak from experience. Their recommendations do not fully support the body’s continuing process of healing itself. My protocol does and it’s stated in the Pre-Protocol Setup of BLIND FAITH. The Pre-Protocol Setup is critical to my protocol as follows:
- Oxygenate The Cells: Parent Essential Oils (PEOs) Evening Primrose Oil (for Omega 6) overpowers the oxygen-resistant oils (processed seed and vegetable oils) from our food that are in our cells. Safflower Oil is also good. Flax Oil (for Omega 3) helps the body to create healthy cell exteriors.
- Maintain Correct Cellular Voltage of -50 mV (pH 7.88 to 8.0): Sodium bicarbonate [Baking Soda] sets the stage for the body to create new cells that work.
- Build Up Body Electrons: Needed for body energy. Exercise and grounding are major ways the body acquires electrons. There are others.
- Supplement Mineral/Vitamin Deficiencies: Based on the results of the Panel test.
- Maintain Sufficient Stomach Acid: Supports efficient digestion of the food we eat.
- Get Adequate Sleep: When we sleep our bodies have more energy for creating new “healthy” cells that work.
- Eliminate Chronic Inflammation: This chronic problem which is involved in most diseases can be best addressed by strict attention to this Pre-Protocol Setup.
- Eliminate Calcium Calcification: The importance of Melatonin, the Pineal Gland and the dangers of over-the-counter calcium supplementation.
The Basis of Nutrition and Eye Disease Care
As Dr. Tennant says in Healing is Voltage: The Handbook: “We normally don’t get well by making damaged cells work correctly. We get well by making new cells that work correctly. The body is constantly wearing itself out. You make new cells in your retina every 48 hours. The lining of your intestine is replaced every three days. Your skin is replaced every six weeks. Your liver is replaced every eight weeks. Your nervous system is replaced every eight months. Chronic disease occurs when you lose the ability to make new cells that work… Chronic disease is [also] associated with a lack of cellular energy. Physicians have always known that, given time and the right conditions, the body has the ability to cure itself of many — if not most — diseases… With adequate energy, the effects of a healthy diet, exercise, and rest are magnified throughout the body.”
In my opinion and experience Dr Tennant knows what he is talking about. I am not a doctor but I can say that the body’s ability to heal is the basis of my protocol. The results cannot be denied. After about nineteen months of avastin injections had little or no effect that I could see, my food-based protocol reversed my blindness from worse than 20/400 to 20/50 vision in 11 weeks. The objective was to establish full body conditions that support healthy living cells and the creation of new cells that work. While the main points are included above I won’t go into the details here because they are in my book BLIND FAITH which is available worldwide on Amazon.
In the words of Dr Brian Davies, BSc, ND: “I encourage everyone with a chronic disease, or anyone that cares for someone suffering from a chronic disease, to understand that John’s case outlines something greater than macular degeneration; this approach can be applied to any chronic disease state.”